About Our Junior High School
The junior high is a 2-year program which prepares students for the rigors of high school. Our teachers are committed, professional Christian educators who care for the unique needs of each student. They are dedicated to helping students become caring, leaders, accountable, scholars and steadfast disciples of Christ.
We promote a nurturing environment and a balance of social, spiritual and academic skills, preparing students for high school and college using challenging & engaging curriculum.
Pacific Point Christian’s Junior High campus is located at 2220 Pacheco Pass Hwy, Gilroy, CA 95020.
All students entering 7th-12th grade are required to bring their own iPads. The iPad you use for school will need to be capable of running the latest version of iOS. The storage capacity should be a minimum of 128GB. We are also requiring the purchase of an Apple pencil or stylus that will work with your iPad.
You can purchase refurbished iPads at Gazelle
If you have any questions, please contact our technology department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior High A-B Days (M-Th)
Junior High Friday Schedule
6-12 JUNIOR HIGH/HIGH SCHOOL DRESS CODE POLICY:
Dress Code Standards for Junior High and High School (6th grade to 12th grade).
Students in Junior High and High School do not wear uniforms but follow a dress code.
Logowear purchased from the approved LionWear website is strongly encouraged.
Students should seek to honor Christ at all times, and the matter of their appearance is no exception. Students’ dress should show respect for themselves, their families, and their school. “For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
Please ask these questions when selecting clothing and hairstyles:
- Is it modest?
- Might my appearance be disruptive by calling undue attention to myself?
- Does my appearance identify with a countercultural group or rebellious element of society?
- Am I setting a higher standard for myself in speech, life, love, and purity? “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12.
Respect for our Christian values and appropriateness is required:
All decisions concerning compliance with the dress code will be at the discretion of the faculty and administration. Should there be questions regarding the dress code, parents are encouraged to call or email the school prior to clothing purchases or hairstyle changes.
Student Dress & Appearance Policies:
- Logos, slogans, pictures promoting drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sexual imagery, rebellion against authority, gangs, or anything that is contrary to Christian standards may not be worn/brought to school.
- Sweatpants, workout pants/shorts, and pajamas may not be worn. Only school logo sweatpants are allowed and only during PE.
- Body piercing or tattoos (permanent or not) are not allowed. Students are to refrain from body piercing and tattooing while attending Pacific Point Christian Schools with the exception of pierced ears (maximum of 2 piercings per ear). Post or small dangling style allowed for earrings, or ¼” gauge maximum.
- Students may not write on their bodies with ink, markers, etc.
- Students entering Pacific Point Christian Schools who already have body piercing(s) other than ears are required to remove them while on campus and at all school-sponsored activities. Covering piercings with a patch or Band-Aid is not sufficient.
- Tattoos are to remain covered at all times.
- No gauges or hoop nose rings may be worn.
- Hair should be neat and clean.
- Hats, beanies, baseball caps, hoods, and head coverings are not to be worn indoors (including chapel). Sunglasses must not be worn indoors. Bandanas and similar head coverings are not to be worn at school.
- Clothing must be neat, clean, modest, and of proper size and fit. Excessively loose-fitting or form-fitting clothing is not permitted. Athletic attire and PE clothes should not be worn to school except on dress-down days.
- Clothes must not have holes that show skin or undergarments above the appropriate level for shorts (mid-thigh).
- Proper footwear is to be worn at all times for safety purposes. Athletic shoes are required for PE classes.
- Flip flops are permitted for high school students only.
- Any clothing, jewelry, backpacks, binders, book covers, pins, etc., with counter-culture, band references, political statements, or anything that can be construed as divisive, are not permitted.
- Pants must not be sagging below the hips.
Additional Dress Code for Female Students:
- As a general rule the length of all shorts, skirts, and dresses should be no more than 5 inches from the top of the kneecap when standing or sitting. This standard applies to dresses, skirts, and shorts worn with leggings.
- Spaghetti straps and low-cut shirts are not permitted. Straps must be at least 2” wide, and cover bra straps. No low-cut necklines that expose cleavage on tops or dresses. No midriff tops or tops with clingy fabric. Modest clothing is stressed.
- Acceptable underclothing must be worn. Undergarments must not be visible at any time.
- Lightly applied make-up may be worn modestly.
Additional Dress Code for Male Students:
- Facial hair will be allowed as long as it is neat and trim.
- Muscle shirts, undershirts, or tank tops are not allowed to be worn alone (under a sleeved shirt is permitted). All shirts must have sleeves. Cutoff sleeves are not allowed.
Student Dress Code for Semi-Formal/ Formal Events:
The following guidelines should be considered while choosing your student’s attire for the event. In addition, for some events, the event coordinator may request a picture of the outfit prior to the event in order to give final approval.
- Dress slacks
- Collared shirt (tie and jacket optional)
- Nice shoes or boots
- Dress, pantsuit, or long skirt
- Dress length must meet current dress code
- Dress straps must be a minimum of one-inch width
- Spaghetti strap, strapless, off-the-shoulder, or backless dresses must be worn with a jacket, shawl, or bolero type wrap at all times.
- Dress length may be no longer than the heel of your shoe (due to tripping hazards)
- Dress style shoes should be worn and be comfortable enough to climb stairs