About Our Elementary School
The elementary school at PacPoint offers a well-balanced, Bible-based Christian curriculum that is both challenging and developmentally appropriate. Our staff loves kids and looks forward to partnering with parents to help make these years productive, safe, and fun in a caring, Christian environment.
Pacific Point Christian’s Elementary campus is located on the west side of Gilroy, near Santa Teresa Blvd at 1575A Mantelli Dr. Gilroy, CA 95020.
Letter from our Elementary Principal:
I was honored when I received word from Mrs. Adams that she wanted to offer me the position as principal. I admire her healthy balance of strength-in-leadership and kindness in the way she challenges and encourages her team. Naturally, I was very pleased when she called to meet with me to discuss the position.
At 22, I accepted a job working in a group home and substitute teacher in juvenile hall. I noticed then I had a knack for working with youth. Even so, less than 2 years later, I left that job to accept a position as a senior manager in a corporate chain. Throughout the years, I moved and advanced from one corporate job to another.
Just about 9 years ago, my husband and I moved to Hollister. It was soon after our move when I realized God was redirecting me to work with children in a school setting. Truth is, He had been preparing me for this since the time I was a struggling teen; I just did not know it until much later.
8 years ago, I began teaching a 3rd grade class. I’m not sure who enjoyed it more, me or the kids. From there, I taught English, then, my favorite subject, Jr. high Bible. 4 years ago, I accepted the position as principal of Vine Academy. The success I experienced in the classroom and as Head of School can only be credited to the Lord as I was not seeking a career in education.
I absolutely love working with children. I also enjoy working with a team of like-minded adults who seek to ensure our kids develop Godly characteristics while being challenged to learn and get a solid education. Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that God’s power is made perfect in our weaknesses. My strengths as a leader is to challenge my staff and students to try something new, to step out in faith, and find they have the ability to do great things; the pleasant surprise one gets when they are able to do what Christ has given them the strength to do.
Please continue to keep the staff and our school in prayer as we pour ourselves into our future leaders.
I am truly looking forward to getting to know and work with each of you and your children at Pacific Point.
Uniform Policy for All Students K-5
Official school uniform items are to be worn at all times, except for Free Dress Days.
Official school uniform items are to be in colors of White, Dark Charcoal Grey, Purple, and Black.
Field trips: Pacific Point Christian School purple logo t-shirts or purple logo polo, available from the French Toast website, must be worn on all field trips.
Hair: Hair must be kept out of the eyes. Boys’ hair must be cut off of the collar. Extreme hairstyles, as interpreted by the administration, are not permitted. No unnatural hair color is permitted.
Hair Accessories: Hair accessories must not be distracting and unsafe. No distracting add-ins such as feathers and colored hair.
Hats: Approved hats and beanies are available for purchase from the school spirit wear store online. See the website for more information. Beanies and hats may be worn outside only. Brims must be forward-facing at all times.
Jewelry: Simple necklaces no longer than the collarbone may be worn. Simple bracelets may be worn. Earrings are to be worn by girls only. Earrings are to be post-style, no bigger than a dime. No more than two earrings in each ear. Students may not have nose-rings, body piercing, or tattoos.
Makeup/ Nail Polish: Light or modest makeup is permitted for 6th – 12th grade only. Well-manicured nail polish is permitted in solid colors, no black.
Outerwear: Outerwear is defined as clothing worn over uniform pieces, especially for outdoor use. Outerwear is permitted in any color or style. However, for outerwear to be acceptable for indoor use, outerwear must be in accordance with Pacific Point Christian Schools’ colors in white, black, charcoal grey, and purple.
Polo Shirts: Polo shirts are required to have the Pacific Point Christian School logo in white, black, charcoal grey, and purple, in either long or short sleeves.
Pants and shorts: Pants and shorts must be solid black or grey uniform-type pants or shorts. No denim. Pants must be worn at the waist. No sagging. No athletic pants, knit pants, leggings, or jeggings worn as pants.
Shoes: Shoes must be closed-toed, closed-heeled, rubber-soled. No clogs or sandals. Athletic shoes are recommended for the school day and are required for PE classes. Shoelaces must be tied on top of shoes and not tucked in shoes. Shoes may be of any color. However, shoes must not be distracting in appearance; no lights or wheels. School administration has the final authority.
Socks/Tights: Socks must match each other and be free of offensive decoration. Tights must coordinate with uniform colors. Footless tights/leggings are permitted in coordinated school colors. No knit pants or sweatpants are permitted.
Sunglasses: Sunglasses are permitted outside only.
Sweaters/ Sweatshirts: Long-sleeved pullover, button-down, or zipper Pacific Point logo wear in white, charcoal grey, purple or black.
T-shirts/ Spirit Wear shirts: Boys and girls may wear spirit wear shirts on Fridays only. T-shirts and spirit wear shirts must have a Pacific Point Christian Schools logo present. Spirit wear shirts are available for purchase from the school spirit wear store online. See the website for more information.
Undergarments: Undergarments must be worn and must not be visible. Bike shorts in school colors must be worn underneath all dresses, jumpers, and skirts, even when wearing tights.
Uniform for boys:
Black or grey pants and shorts that meet the aforementioned guidelines. Polo shirts with Pacific Point Christian School logo in white, black, charcoal grey, and purple, in either long or short sleeves.
Uniform for girls:
Black or grey pants and shorts, skirts, capris, and dresses that meet the aforementioned guidelines. Polo shirts with Pacific Point Christian School logo in white, black, charcoal grey, and purple, in either long or short sleeves.
*It is advisable to have any questions clarified prior to purchase before tag removal. *
6-12 JUNIOR HIGH/HIGH SCHOOL DRESS CODE POLICY:
Dress Code Standards for Junior High and High School (6th grade to 12th grade).
Students in Junior High and High School do not wear uniforms but follow a dress code.
Logowear purchased from the approved LionWear website is strongly encouraged.
Students should seek to honor Christ at all times, and the matter of their appearance is no exception. Students’ dress should show respect for themselves, their families, and their school. “For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
Please ask these questions when selecting clothing and hairstyles:
- Is it modest?
- Might my appearance be disruptive by calling undue attention to myself?
- Does my appearance identify with a countercultural group or rebellious element of society?
- Am I setting a higher standard for myself in speech, life, love, and purity? “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12.
Respect for our Christian values and appropriateness is required:
All decisions concerning compliance with the dress code will be at the discretion of the faculty and administration. Should there be questions regarding the dress code, parents are encouraged to call or email the school prior to clothing purchases or hairstyle changes.
Student Dress & Appearance Policies:
- Logos, slogans, pictures promoting drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sexual imagery, rebellion against authority, gangs, or anything that is contrary to Christian standards may not be worn/brought to school.
- Sweatpants, workout pants/shorts, and pajamas may not be worn. Only school logo sweatpants are allowed and only during PE.
- Body piercing or tattoos (permanent or not) are not allowed. Students are to refrain from body piercing and tattooing while attending Pacific Point Christian Schools with the exception of pierced ears (maximum of 2 piercings per ear). Post or small dangling style allowed for earrings, or ¼” gauge maximum.
- Students may not write on their bodies with ink, markers, etc.
- Students entering Pacific Point Christian Schools who already have body piercing(s) other than ears are required to remove them while on campus and at all school-sponsored activities. Covering piercings with a patch or Band-Aid is not sufficient.
- Tattoos are to remain covered at all times.
- No gauges or hoop nose rings may be worn.
- Hair should be neat and clean.
- Hats, beanies, baseball caps, hoods, and head coverings are not to be worn indoors (including chapel). Sunglasses must not be worn indoors. Bandanas and similar head coverings are not to be worn at school.
- Clothing must be neat, clean, modest, and of proper size and fit. Excessively loose-fitting or form-fitting clothing is not permitted. Athletic attire and PE clothes should not be worn to school except on dress-down days.
- Clothes must not have holes that show skin or undergarments above the appropriate level for shorts (mid-thigh).
- Proper footwear is to be worn at all times for safety purposes. Athletic shoes are required for PE classes.
- Flip flops are permitted for high school students only.
- Any clothing, jewelry, backpacks, binders, book covers, pins, etc., with counter-culture, band references, political statements, or anything that can be construed as divisive, are not permitted.
- Pants must not be sagging below the hips.
Additional Dress Code for Female Students:
- As a general rule the length of all shorts, skirts, and dresses should be no more than 5 inches from the top of the kneecap when standing or sitting. This standard applies to dresses, skirts, and shorts worn with leggings.
- Spaghetti straps and low-cut shirts are not permitted. Straps must be at least 2” wide, and cover bra straps. No low-cut necklines that expose cleavage on tops or dresses. No midriff tops or tops with clingy fabric. Modest clothing is stressed.
- Acceptable underclothing must be worn (including bras). Undergarments must not be visible at any time.
- Lightly applied make-up may be worn modestly.
Additional Dress Code for Male Students:
- Facial hair will be allowed as long as it is neat and trim.
- Muscle shirts, undershirts, or tank tops are not allowed to be worn alone (under a sleeved shirt is permitted). All shirts must have sleeves. Cutoff sleeves are not allowed.
Student Dress Code for Semi-Formal/ Formal Events:
The following guidelines should be considered while choosing your student’s attire for the event. In addition, for some events, the event coordinator may request a picture of the outfit prior to the event in order to give final approval.
- Dress slacks
- Collared shirt (tie and jacket optional)
- Nice shoes or boots
- Dress, pantsuit, or long skirt
- Dress length must meet current dress code
- Dress straps must be a minimum of one-inch width
- Spaghetti strap, strapless, off-the-shoulder, or backless dresses must be worn with a jacket, shawl, or bolero type wrap at all times.
- Dress length may be no longer than the heel of your shoe (due to tripping hazards)
- Dress style shoes should be worn and be comfortable enough to climb stairs